Submit a Case

Our mission is to enforce state housing law and investigate violations that have broader implications for other projects locally and across the state. We encourage people to reach out to us if they think a city is violating state housing laws.

We do not, however, provide plan check or permit expediting serves, nor can we provide free legal assistance for every dispute with a city about a permit application. If you think there is a violation of state housing law that we should look at, please explain the situation and we will take a look.

Please note: CaRLA is a small nonprofit with limited staff and resources that can only take on a few impact litigation cases at a time. As such, we cannot respond to everyone immediately. If you’d like to help us expand our staff and our work, we encourage you to make a donation.

Support our work